OFE International and AVOID FEDEX GROUND!

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 04:58:36 PST

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:58:36 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: OFE International and AVOID FEDEX GROUND!

Ive dealt with OFE several times. Generally, I find them very helpful.
It's too bad they stopped selling NZ sphagnum this year. There was one
occasion where I think they might have sent me Chilean sphagnum instead of
New Zealand but, although I am sure I was perfectly clear that I wanted NZ,
maybe there was a valid reason for the mix up. Regardless, I have a feeling
your problem might have been with FedEx ground. Maybe a call tag was issued
but they just didnt show? Call OFE again and get on their case about it and
insist on a return call with a call tag #. Then call FedEx ground and
insist on confirmation that a pickup is scheduled. Just dont ask them what
day they'll arrive cause they dont seem to do anything on a schedule.

Apologies to anyone who is associated with FedEx ground in any way but my
dealings with them here in New York have been extremely aggrevating and
frustrating.

DO NOT DEAL WITH FEDEX GROUND!!!!

They are not the same as the original FedEx - they are what used to be known
as RPS (Roadway Postal Service) and, at least in my neck of the woods, they
are an incompetant bunch of boobs who will surely delay, damage and possibly
loose your precious package. My four experiences with them have ALL been
very negative. I have never come across a less professional carrier than
FedEx ground.
If you have to send something, send it UPS or US mail. As long as its
packed properly, they are generally very reliable. When you're on the phone
with OFE, urge them to pick a more reliable carrier. Ever see that
commercial (was it DHL?) with the budget carrier service with the guy
playing drums on your fragile package? As the van speeds off, the package
falls out the back door? Thats FedEx ground. I kid you not.

Now that that's done with, good morning, everyone! (What a way to start the
day!)

sundewmatt