Re: Humidity and cps: a beginners question :)

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 08:33:53 PST

Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:33:53 EST
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Humidity and cps: a beginners question :)

  Susan,

  If you want to set up a workable tank set-up, you can put two 10 gallon
aquariums end- to- end and a 48" shoplight with two 40 Watt CW bulbs or one
CW with a grow-lux. plexiglass with a half inch on each end open is good for
jumidity, or if you don't mind redoing it every once in a while, saran wrap
taped over the rop works ,too. I don't know how tall your 15 gallon is, but
on 10 gallons that is workable.
  With this set-up, you can grow a variety of plants, including the ones
Rich Ellis(hi Rich)mentioned. All butterworts(Pinguicula) I have grown seem
to like these conditions, as well as Cephalotus, many Drosera, Utrics, Venus
Flytraps and Nepenthes (N. ampullaria is another good choice).
  I put the plants in pots in the tanks and fill the bottom of the tank with
a quarter inch of water until just about dry. You can also use Peter's
method from "The Savage Garden" , in which you set the plants in individual
saucers, so you can give them differnt water levels.
  Feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions.

  Regards,

  Joe Griffin
  Lincoln, NE USA

In a message dated 12/16/2000 8:39:18 PM Central Standard Time,