Re: TV SF CP

From: HmrTheHrmt@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 10:49:49 PST

Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:49:49 EST
From: HmrTheHrmt@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: TV SF CP

In a message dated 12/12/00 1:23:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sileshar@yahoo.com writes:

> Also, about that Star Trek Voyager reference to a giant pitcher
plant in a > previous adventure: I seem to recall a similar
off-hand remark referenced > in another episode and also mentioned
in the listserve a few years ago. > (Danger! Run-on sentence!) >
> I'm just wondering if this was an episode I missed or just a
throw-away > line repeated this season? >

I believe this was an actual episode. My memory is telling me I saw
an episode three or four seasons ago that approximated the
reference. The basic plot was them stumbling across a wormhole, or
some other type of celestial phenomenon which would take them home.
Upon entering it, everyone started seeing things which were desirous
to them. In actuality, they had all gone comatose as the ship
slowly proceeded down the gullet of some giant cosmic vegetation
which was projecting these illusions into their minds. I don't
recall that, at the time, they mentioned pitcher plants in the
episode, but I'm not a fanatical Trekker, so may be forgetting the
details.

Hamir the Hermit

"I was frozen in business and frozen in love, I took a ten minute
nap, man, I never woke up."

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]