Nepenthes Soil

From: MCliff428@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 15:49:29 PST

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:49:29 EST
From: MCliff428@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes Soil

I have seen many recipes for Nepenthes soil, but I was wondering if anyone
has ever tried growing Nepenthes in pure Long-Fibered Sphagnum. This recipe
seems like it would work since it is very close to the acid rich environment
that they grow in in the jungle. Has anyone ever tried this as a medium? I
am looking for a very simple soil recipe that I can use with all my Nepenthes
and this one seems to make sense since it holds water well and is very open.
I am looking for any simple recipes that you have to offer. Thanks.