Off topic- red Sphagnum

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 11:33:52 PST

Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:33:52 -0500
From: "Steven Stewart" <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Off topic- red Sphagnum

While growing carnivorous plants, I have become interested in mosses. I grow
many species in Long fibered Sphagnum, and have noticed I had not seen red
varieties form sporophytes. In the past thought possibly this genera was
dioecious, (it may be). Today I found a red variety I previously thought of
as "male" forming sporophytes. I was so excited, I had to share this
observation with this list! Aren't you all excited?
This is just another way carnivorous plants have helped make me weird. (I
need to blame something)
Take care,
Steven Stewart (Sphagnuphyle)