CP Art

From: CMcdon0923@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 21:14:21 PST

Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:14:21 EST
From: CMcdon0923@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP Art

Thought some of you might be interested in this. If you're looking
for a nice high quality piece of CP art, check out the link(s)
below. It is a photograph by Robert Mapplethorpe, circa 1988. Yes,
THAT Robert Mapplethorpe!!!

It shows two Sarracenia sp. back to back. Interesting note....the
photograph/poster is entitled "Double Jack in the Pulpit". Believe
it or not, I first saw this hanging in a local fast food restaurant
(Jack in the Box). It had been trimmed and framed so that the
artist's name wasn't included. I tried everything to find out where
I could get one. I asked the manager where they got it
...."Corporate" was the reply. So, I called their corporate HQ and
asked. Nobody knew who was in charge of that type of thing. I even
went so far as to offer to buy it from the restaurant manager ("No
can do.") My next step was to visit as many stores as I could where
artwork prints, etc., were sold.

I looked through dozens of catalogs, but nothing. Then one day I
was at a mall in Dallas and stopped in a store called "Deck the
Walls". After looking through numerous catalogs, I was just about
to leave, but my wife said she wanted to check out one last catalog.
Lo and behold, we found it in the section of Mapplethorpe's works.
I asked the store manager about it, and he said that actually
Mapplethorpe was quite well known for his floral works, before he
"branched out". I had them order one for me, and am now in the
process of trimming and mounting it. It is an extremely nice, high
quality piece of work. If interested, check out your local artwork
stores.

http://a236.g.akamai.net/f/236/1117/72h/images.art.com/art/TWT_/large/08212220

31.jpg http://www.deckthewalls.com (possibly under construction)

Sincerely,

Craig McDonald

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]