Re: Pinguicula moranensis

From: Chuck Rossi (chuckr@vmware.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 14:30:39 PST

Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:30:39 -0800
From: Chuck Rossi <chuckr@vmware.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pinguicula moranensis

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:06:45PM -0800, jchris@znet.com wrote:

> On 6 Dec, "garkoinsf@netscape.net" mused about the following:
> >
> > Wow, synergy! I was just going to write this very same message.
> > I have the same problem. Could it be because of low temps?
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > -- End of excerpt from "garkoinsf@netscape.net"
>
> I've seen the same thing in a warm terrarium. I thought perhaps
> the temps were too high. :) Mine only seem to support one flower
> at a time, which is annoying because if you drop by California
> Carnivores, every P. Moranensis seems to have several blooms.

I'm glad someone finally asked this as well. I have a P. Moranensis
that keeps trying and trying to put up flowers, but never makes it.

Judging from Peter's email, I think I'm keeping my guy too wet. The
only other thing (which I can't currently control) is the wide
temperature fluctuation in my sun-room...50s (10c) at night, 90+ (32c)
(sometimes 100) in the day.

Just more data to consider.....it would be nice to solve the problem, as I've
seen it lose about 6 flowers over the past few months. Other than that the
plant seems to be fine.

Chuckr