Fungus Gnat, GA3

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 06:32:37 PST

Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 08:32:37 -0600
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fungus Gnat, GA3

There has been discussion on mosquito control this year (twice!), and BT
should kill fungus gnats. One thing I am not too sure is, the difference in
strains. The strain that kills mosquioes might not kill fungus gnats. There
is a product called Gnatrol (I think), and this is the kind that kills
fungus gnat. There is also a type of nmatodes that attack fungus gnats. This
is also commercially available.

I think I have seen GA3 in Mellinger's catalogue if I am correct. It can be
purchased from Sigma fdor sure, but it might not be easy.

Hideka