TO Barbro, RE Carnivorous plants in Texas

From: Michael Pagoulatos (michaelpagoulatos@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 09:15:08 PST

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:15:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Pagoulatos <michaelpagoulatos@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: TO Barbro, RE Carnivorous plants in Texas

Barbro,
you wrote "I live in Sweden, Europe. I am going to Galveston,Texas for two
weeks in December.Can anyone tell me if it is possible to find carnivorous
plants in the surroundings of Galveston?".

I don't know of any CP habitats around Galveston, although I have seen
Droseras growing in cracks in the pavement in the city of Houston!
December would be a dormant period for CPs, the visible part of many of
which would have died, depending on the species and the harshness of the
winter.

I have another suggestion though: If you can spare the time, make a
short trip NW of Galveston/Houston to Beaumont, Texas
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/united_states/, where
the Big Thicket National Park is
http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/US_National_Park/tx_big_t.HTM Big
Thicket is the home of tons of beautiful CPs for you to enjoy!

Email me if you need more information.

Take care,
Michael PAgoulatos

http://shopping.yahoo.com/