Drosera arenicola - pics of true & false IDs

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 21:09:34 PST

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:09:34 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera arenicola - pics of true & false IDs

I got a few responses regarding my message looking for D.arenicola. I got
seed labelled arenicola which seems to be dielsiana or natalensis or
something similar (we will know when it flowers). Here is a pic:

http://geocities.com/sundewmatt/pics/arenicola.jpg

This is NOT arenicola! If you have this plant labelled arenicola, you do
not have the true arenicola. The true species is a beautiful little plant
that appears to look like a small villosa.

If you want to see pics of the true arenicola, visit my buds fernando and
marcelo's web site.

http://www.mcef.ep.usp.br/carnivoras/Photos/Genera/Drosera/arenicola_Gran_Sa
bana_01_1999__2.jpg

or this one, arenicola is on the LEFT and felix is on the right. Note the
size of adult arenicola!

http://www.mcef.ep.usp.br/carnivoras/Photos/Genera/Drosera/arenicola__felix_
Gran_Sabana_01_1999.jpg

Matt