More D. uniflora --photos

From: Ivan Snyder (bioexp@juno.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 11:14:42 PST

Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:14:42 -0800
From: Ivan Snyder <bioexp@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: More D. uniflora --photos

Hi sundew fans,

When last I wrote about my very rare Drosera uniflora from Chile I told
that I had thought that after flowering it was not producing any seed,
and so I cut off the stalk for dissection. Too my horror I discovered
that there were developing seed inside, and I killed them. Good news! I
put the open capsule on live Sphagnum moss and it seems the seed
continued to develop. I picked out the rather large ripened black seed
and dried them and they stayed plump. I think I saved them. I figure I
must have cut it just before ripening. Now I will give some of these seed
to my friend Ed Read to put into tissue culture for mass production.

You can view some of the photos taken of my D. uniflora in flower on Ed's
web pages. On the opening page just click on "picture of the month". <
http://www.geocities.com/tissueculture/

Ivan Snyder
Hermosa Beach
California