Re: Looking for 2-foot shoplights

From: R B (eklaab@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 11:43:30 PDT

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:43:30 PDT
From: "R B" <eklaab@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Looking for 2-foot shoplights

>I was in exactly the same boat. Both my neps are in a 20 gallon >aquarium
>and need some room. When I bought the tank I went to the
>local pet shop where they had 2-ft long shop lamps in the aquarium
> >section. What is very nice about them is that they come with glass
> >bottoms to keep the lamp from getting moisture in it. A variety of
> >spectra are offered in the bulb section but I found some very
> >inexpensive daylight-spectrum plants without difficulty. So if you >have
>an aquarium supply or pet shop around take a look.

I've been looking at dual-lights in the aquarium stores for years now, but I
didn't want to pay the $50+ dollars for them. I was looking for a cheap
shoplight version since I will need to buy three of them. Incidently, my 20
gallon tank, which I've used as a fish aquarium for 15 years, has been
converted to a carnivorous plant terrarium.

Ron

http://profiles.msn.com.