Re: Home Depot Nepenthes

From: John Green (john.green@ascensus.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 08:33:15 PDT

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:33:15 -0600
From: John Green <john.green@ascensus.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Home Depot Nepenthes

"R B" <eklaab@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I sent an email to Gubler's asking about this. This was the response from
>Chris Gubler in regards to the Nepenthes:
>"It is Nepenthes Maxima X unknown hybrid. Pitchers have been as large as
10
>inches, with bright red striping."

I was told by list members it might be (alata x(alata x ventricosa)). It's
a nice plant (for those of us who don't grow many Neps), with tall colorful
pitchers, and it does well without much care. I have a picture of mine on
my website: http://homestead.juno.com/thegreens13/files/gublernep.jpg.

I've also finally finished the "outdoor bog" section on my website for
anyone interested.

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah http://homestead.juno.com/thegreens13/

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler