Re: Sarracenia psittacina seed

From: Dave Evans (dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 17:13:36 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:13:36 -0400
From: "Dave Evans" <dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia psittacina seed

Dear John,

    I think this is due to poor conditions. My S. psittacina almost never
produce pollen or viable seed either. I think this is due to *my* poor
conditions. This species has a very southern range and it doesn't seem to
like as far north as we are. Perhaps it needs to be grown in a cold frame
for complete success. I have not tried this. Anyone out there having good
luck with this one, out of it's natural range?

Dave Evans
New Jersey