Female N. maxima

From: Robin Dauber (rdauber@condor.depaul.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 15:32:58 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:32:58 -0500 (CDT)
From: Robin Dauber <rdauber@condor.depaul.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Female N. maxima

Hello,

My maxima flowers finally started opening from the bottom of the stalk this
morning. They look to be female...pale green and squat with a cross-shaped
stigmatic surface. They aren't sticky yet, and there are still plenty to open.

How long can I expect to wait before they are receptive?

How long should a typical inflorescence last?

How long to seed maturity?

And the big one, does anyone have pollen...maxima or otherwise?

Of course, anything I don't kill I will share...email for address.

See you,
John in Chicago