Re: Slack book

From: Davidogray@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 20:35:36 PDT

Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:35:36 EDT
From: Davidogray@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Slack book

Hello list,
I just received the reprint of the Adrian Slack book 'Carnivorous Plants'
from the UK site for Amazon.com. The book is the same as the previous UK
edition except for the publisher, and that the cover has changed to a picture
of a VFT instead of a Darlingtonia ( there's a different Darlingtonia picture
on the back cover ). I have compared it with my hardback of the 1980 MIT
edition; there are no corrections or updates. The book still has errors and
mistaken identifications, and is really for the collector of CP books and
memorabilia, its relevance having been supplanted by Peter D'Amato's
excellent 'Savage Garden'. I suppose one might want it for the excellent
photos by Jane Gate.
Cheers,
David