N. bical seed

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 09:23:00 PDT

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:23:00 -0400
From: "Steven Stewart" <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: N. bical seed

Hello Ed and list,
I looked at my notes, and in ten more days it will have been a full three
months for my Nepenthes bicalcarata seed to ripen. I opened the most mature
capsule today. The seed have good embryo's and are mature enough for tissue
culture collection, I like my seed to ripen completely and begin to dehisce
on the plants before collecting. You are right about a long waiting period.
It takes N. bical. inflorescence quite some time to grow as well. It seems
like I've been waiting for seed forever.
Take care,
Steven Stewart