Nepenthes maxima 'Lake Poso' Flowering

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 04:49:20 PDT

Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 07:49:20 -0400
From: "Steven Stewart" <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes maxima 'Lake Poso' Flowering

Hello Andreas & List
I have a Nepenthes maxima 'Lake Poso' male in flower if you are interested
in this pollen. I have never sent pollen through the mail & have found it
to look viable only for a few hours in my greenhouse.
This is definately not the most spectacular N. maxima in cultivation, but
pitchers freely and is of easy growth. How do the experts ship pollen, so it
can remain viable? Cliff Dodd has on occation brought cut inflorescence of
male Nepenthes by when I had females in flower, and these continued to
flower, and produce pollen, when placed in live Sphagnum in my greenhouse.
Take care,
Steven Stewart
Sanford, Florida, USA