variegation in Sarracenias?

From: Mark and Karen (marked@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 03:56:14 PDT

Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 23:56:14 +1300
From: "Mark and Karen" <marked@xtra.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: variegation in Sarracenias?

Hi all

Has anyone out there heard of variegation in Sarracenias pitchers occurring
as I have a purpurea venosa from seed which is green with distinct, large,
pale yellow
blotches on it. It is devoid of any red colouring at the moment and came
from a very large batch of seedlings, all of which are normal and grown in
the same conditions?
I don't believe it is viral as I noticed the difference very early on in the
germination but I have isolated it anyway which brings me to another
question....Has a Sarracenia virus ever been reported?

Mark
New Zealand ...The large landmass off the Island coast of Australia.