Re: Nepenthes maxima flowers

From: Pierre Gelinaud (piilou@multimania.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 19:51:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:51:26 +0900
From: "Pierre Gelinaud" <piilou@multimania.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes maxima flowers

Hello John,

I have a N.maxima (not 100/100 sure) in flower at this time too but it's not
fully opened and I can't say yet if it's male or female. I'm not an expert
with Nep. pollination. it's first time for this specie so I can't answer
your question...
But if we have chance we could have a wedding!
I live in Okinawa (Japan) a subtropical island and have no difficulties with
cold weather. It's funny to think these nepenthes are flowering at the same
time in such different environment...
I'll tell when I know the sex of the flower.

Pierre Gelinaud
http://www.multimania.com/piilou/
http://www.ii-okinawa.ne.jp/people/a-miya/
piilou@multimania.com