Re: Sarracenia Companion Plant

From: Mark Bachelor (Mark.Bachelor@mggsmail.mggs.vic.edu.au)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 16:09:53 PDT

Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:09:53 +1000
From: "Mark Bachelor" <Mark.Bachelor@mggsmail.mggs.vic.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia Companion Plant

My only problem with it is that it grows like a weed and smothers
everything else. I let it grow in some water tables, but it has
smothered the aquatic Utrics in them so I keep it out of most of my
trays. It looks better in my tortoise pond.

Mark
Hello Everyone, I was wanting to know if anyone has tried growing
Azolla filiculoides water fern with their pitcher plants. Any
success or problems?? I have in the past, and it didn't seem to
create a problem however I have since divided the plant and put it
in the pond where it has multiplied substantially. I think the use
of it as a top dressing would make the plant surface look better as
long as it doesn't have any negative effects. Please e-mail any
information directly to me. Thanks Dean