RE: Sarracenias that don't attract insects

From: Tom Massey (massey@fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 09:47:51 PDT

Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 12:47:51 -0400
From: "Tom Massey" <massey@fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Sarracenias that don't attract insects

FWIW,

September in NJ may be too late for many insects to be flying around. Even
here in Fl. pithcer effectiveness is related to the time of year and the
cycles of native insect populations. My fall pitchers of alata, lueco. and
purp. are fairly full. However, we still have (and will have for a while) 85
degree days and 72~ degree nights. Plenty of insects are still active.
Right now, most victims are night flying moths and roaches.

Tom in Fl.