Re: CP photoperiods - South Africa, Australia, etc

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 05:27:20 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:27:20 -0400
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP photoperiods - South Africa, Australia, etc

Miguel,

Silly me! I should have been more specific. I know that parts of Western
Australia and Northern territory are the same distance from the equator but
I was thinking about the range of petiolarises at the northern tip of the NT
and tuberous and pygmy drosera closer to Perth in WA.... :) Anyone know how
many hours of light the petios get at a min and maximum?

Thanks!

Matt

14) Re: CP photoperiods - South Africa, Australia, etc by Miguel de
Salas <mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au

Matt,

The main difference is not between states east/west of each other (NT and
WA), but between north and south. The Northern Territory top end and
northern Western Australia (Kimberlies, Pilbara, etc...) have a much
smaller difference in daylight hours (being between paralels 10 and 20
south) than southern WA (~35 deg. S) or Tasmania (~40 deg. S)

Here at 42 deg S, we have 15 h long summer days and conversely 15 hour long
winter nights.

Miguel de Salas
mailto:mm_de@postoffice.utas.edu.au