Outdoor Bog Insulation

From: Frank Breil (Frank.Breil@brio.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 14:23:15 PDT

Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:23:15 -0700
From: Frank Breil <Frank.Breil@brio.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Outdoor Bog Insulation

      I am in Montreal and built my first outdoor bog this summer. I have
insulated the inner walls and plan to cover with burlap and some type of
mulch this fall/winter. I have read that pine needles are a good mulch but
cannot find them. I believe I need something acidic and that will allow the
soil mix to breath to avoid rot. My local nursery has cedar bark and cedar
mulch. Are these acceptable substitutes? Would appreciate suggestions.

        frank