Re: Sarracenia Hybrids

From: MCATALANI@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 09:36:33 PDT

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 12:36:33 EDT
From: MCATALANI@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia Hybrids

<>

I would guess the first is S. purpurea ssp purpurea crossed with either S.
rubra ssp wherryii or S. alata. Flower color would help zero in on it. The
second looks like a S. minor x (s. minor x s. leucophylla). The third I would
say is either S. purpurea x S. rubra or S .purpurea x s.oreophila or
possibly S. purpurea x (s.oreophila x S. rubra) Flower color would be a help
in identifying this plant, as well as whether or not phyllodia are produced
(especially if they are recurved). The coloration of the leaves to the veins
is absolutely beautiful. This is a very very nice plant. The fourth looks
like an S. alata x S. rubra. The final photo I would say is S. purpurea ssp
purpurea x S. rubra (ssp jonesii??).
Michael Catalani