re: Vampiric Plants

From: Ivan Snyder (bioexp@juno.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 08:06:20 PDT

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:06:20 -0700
From: Ivan Snyder <bioexp@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Vampiric Plants

Barry wrote:
>Ivan, we want to warn you about making such sorts of unsubstantiated
>claims. If carnivorous plants were vampiric, surely they'd have
>conscripted human allies by now to help them.

Hi all, Ivan here,
OK, you are right. I did not think of this point. So now, all
possibilities having been explored, the truth must be that Byblis
liniflora is a carnivorous plant. Perhaps the simple testing method using
photographic film was not sensitive enough to detect the small amount of
enzyme produced by the thin leaves.

>And such human allies WOULD
>NOT APPRECIATE your conjectures. Be wary. We are watching you. We are
>monitoring your email. We have a pod that looks just like you.
>Dr. Barry "Renfield" A. Meyers-Rice
>Vampiric Plant Newsletter
>Assimilation Coeditor

Good one Barry, very humorous. That reminds me, have you all tried
sleeping with your plants? I had a pesky mosquito in my room the other
night so I put a plant on my bed stand near my face to catch the bugger.
I then slept very well that night and woke up feeling like a new man. You
ought to try it, ...trust me:-)
Ivan Snyder
assimilated in
Hermosa Beach