Plant sale and weird Utrics

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 08:35:20 PDT

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:35:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Plant sale and weird Utrics

Hey John,

These Utrics are South American. Great plants, easily grown (in my
experience).

Photos of these plants are on-line at my own web site:

http://www.sarracenia.com/photos/cal4.jpg
http://www.sarracenia.com/photos/ucal6.jpg

A nice leaf shot (leaves of both cultivars are pretty much the same) is:
http://www.sarracenia.com/photos/ucal5.jpg

---this is one of the few Utric species with pretty leaves!

Cultivation information about them is online at:

http://www.sarracenia.com/pubs/focus1.html

These cultivar names were established in CPN 29:1.

I like U. calycifida. I've been hybridizing strains of them for years
now. In my home terraria I now have about 36 different strains of this
plant (mostly from recent crosses).

Cheers

Barry