Thanks and U. humboldtii update (was Re: Transplanting utricularia

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@privat.utfors.se)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 11:04:07 PDT

Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 20:04:07 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@privat.utfors.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Thanks and U. humboldtii update (was Re: Transplanting utricularia

Hi,

First of all thanks to Marco and Barry for your advice. I will
definitely transplant them to a peat moss/sand mix and hopefully this
this will get them going.

Update:

In May/June I asked some questions about my U. humboldtii which had
stopped growing over ground stolons/leaves, and I got lots of great
information. I was suggested to be patient and not to repot/disturb it.
I did place some live sphagnum on the surface of the pot, but did
nothing else. Davin Stewart wrote about his humboldtii's having a 2
month resting period before growing foliage/runners. Anyway, for a few
weeks back my plant has started to send out lots of runners and a small
leaf, so it seems that my plant follow the same regimen. Thanks again to
all for the helpful info.

BTW, is there anyone who sells/and can ship tropical Utrics
(plants/divisions) in Europe (EU)?

Regards,

--
Christer Berglund