Fungus Gnats.

From: Marc Verdyck (verdyckmarc@freegates.be)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 05:20:57 PDT

Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:20:57 +0200
From: "Marc Verdyck" <verdyckmarc@freegates.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fungus Gnats.

Dear Paul,

Concerning the use of 'imidacloprid'-based products I can say they
are good, reliable and very effective for the 'target group' they're
made for. Several people I know used the product 'Confidor 200 SL'
succesfully on Carnivorous Plants in '98, '99. I'm using it myself
since october '99 on Darlingtonia, Sarracenia, Cephalotus, Drosera
and even Heliamphora! All of my plants are still in good health!
It's even not necessary to use the product more than 2 times a year
because of it's effeciveness! It's advisable indeed to use
alternately with products from other chemical groups. This is, as
you already know, to prevent some 'little creatures' in becoming
resistent! Of course it's preferred to use bio-controlled methods,
but sometimes we don't have another possibility than the use of
insecticides.

Best regards, Marc

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]