Re: Pings in Bogs

From: MCATALANI@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 08:09:53 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:09:53 EDT
From: MCATALANI@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pings in Bogs

<< I plan on building a bog garden this summer and planting next spring.
Would
 warm-temperate butterworts like P. lutea or P. caerulea survive outdoors all
 year in zone 6/7? Would it help if I mulched the garden? Thanks. Michael

I've always had a problem with pings planted in my outdoor bogs due to insect
damage. Caterpillars seem to love them here. I've never been able to tell how
winter (or summer) hardy they are because they become a buffet to quickly.
Michael