RE: Nepenthes Polinator

From: Dionaea@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 05:18:17 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 08:18:17 EDT
From: Dionaea@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Nepenthes Polinator

I don't know anything about polinators for Nepenthes, but I doubt the
wind has much to do with it. The smell of Nepenthes flowers is to
strong (and not pleasent). This summer, I had a N. truncata flowering.
The plant was sitting on the window sill so the smell was able to
permeate through the house - bad mistake!! On several ocasions my wife
came home and said that the house stunk like mix of smelly feet and
doritos. The smell occured mostly during day when it got warm and
humid.

Just my 2c.

Christoph