Re: aldrovanda research

From: Guy Van der Kinderen (Guy.VanderKinderen@rug.ac.be)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 19:06:54 PDT

Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:06:54 +0200
From: "Guy Van der Kinderen" <Guy.VanderKinderen@rug.ac.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: aldrovanda research

Dear Thierry,

> Hello I seek for a study of the information on the aldrovandia: I
> seek composition of water, the ecosystem or it is.... If you have
> information, could you communicate them to me would be pleasant of
> your share.
>
> Thank you
>
> Thierry

Dr. Lubomir Adamec, working at the Institute of Botany in Trebon (Czech
Republic) has been studying Aldrovanda for many years. He has published
several papers on physiology and cultivation of this aquatic cp, also in
CPN. In addition (and in Belgium!), also Chris Breckpot has an expertise on
the cultivation of Aldrovanda. Dr. Adamec has been so kind to send me most
(all?) of his papers. I have no further data here and now at hand, but I
will contact you later for more information.

Kind regards,

Guy