Help!VFT dying

From: James Mortensen (jmbamboo@att.net)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 19:00:51 PDT

Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 21:00:51 -0500
From: James Mortensen <jmbamboo@att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Help!VFT dying

I have an outdoor bog with several Pither plants and sundews. I have
three nice VFTs that have been doing well. The medium is 1/2 peat and
1/2 sand. All the plants have done well this summer. I am in Alabama,
lots of heat and high humidity. I have kept the bog well watered with
rainwater. Recently all of the traps on one of the plants have begun to
turn brown/black along the edges. Now almost all are dead (the traps)
on one plant. The other 2 plants very close by seem ok. Can anyone
tell me what is going on? Thanks, Jim