Re: cp nurseries in florida

From: Prem Subrahmanyam (prems@nettally.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 09:52:00 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:52:00 -0400
From: Prem Subrahmanyam <prems@nettally.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:  cp nurseries in florida

At 02:26 AM 7/28/2000 -0700, James Mortensen wrote:
>I will be in Tallahassee FL this weekend. Does anyone know of any
nurseries that
>sell cp's in the area? Thanks,
>Jim in Alabama

Hi Jim,
   I live in Tallahassee, and drop by all the local nurseries fairly
frequently to see any new orchid offerings they have in stock. I have
seen one Nep x Coccinea, along with some mini-nep's in little plastic
containers, at Tallahassee Nurseries on Thomasville Road and a few "Little
Pot of Horrors" Neps at Esposito's on Capital Circle. The "LPOH" Neps
are all labeled as Nep. madagascarensis, which they are not.

There were many good sites au naturel in the Apalachicola Nat'l Forest to
the west of Tallahassee, but I'm guessing that the prolonged drought has
probably thinned out the populations of Sarracenia, Pinguicula, and
Drosera significantly...it may take several years to recover.

--> Prem
Prem Subrahmanyam <prems@noblestar.net> or <prems@nettally.com>
- Animator, programmer, and orchid and fossil nut extraordinaire...
- DNRC Title: Minister of Lightwave 3d Plugin Design Foolishness
- Home - http://www.PremDesign.com

"We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong."
"God's Own Fool" - Michael Card