Re: Fantasy Plants - S. leuco "Tarnok"

From: John Green (john.green@ascensus.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 08:53:46 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:53:46 -0600
From: John Green <john.green@ascensus.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fantasy Plants - S. leuco "Tarnok"

As long as we're talking about plants we'd just love to have, does anyone
have S. leucophylla "Tarnok" to sell? I saw pictures of it in an old CP
Newsletter (Dec '93, I think) and I'd love to get one. Is this plant very
widely grown yet? I'd think that a double-flowered Sarr would have
generated a lot of interest, but I've never heard anything about it on this
list, and it's not listed in Savage Garden, either. Maybe it was a fake?

As for Kit's fantasy Utric, there are three varieties that are supposedly
found here in Utah, although I wouldn't know where to find them. If I
remember correctly they are U. minor, U. macrorhiza, and U. purpurea, and I
thought at least one of them had pretty large traps. They would be able to
withstand long frozen winteres. I don't know if their traps are big enough
to eat mosquito larvae or how well they do in cultivation. Surely someone
else knows more?

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah