N. bicalcarata question

From: William Tsun-Yuk Hsu (hsu@tlaloc.sfsu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 10:25:48 PDT

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:25:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: William Tsun-Yuk Hsu <hsu@tlaloc.sfsu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: N. bicalcarata question

Hello,

I'm growing N. bicalcarata in a peat/sand mix, in an
open room in San Francisco, by a sunny window (but not
right in the direct sunlight for extended periods of
time). I mist in the morning, and my ultrasonic humidifier
kicks in for about 30 minutes in the afternoon when
it gets dry. The leaves are about 3 inches long, and
the pitchers are about 1 in. It seems to be doing ok,
showing consistent but slow growth, and (after the
first week) no loss of old leaves or pitchers.

My question is: the bicalcarata pitchers I see in
books are all reddish-brown, but mine are pale green.
Is this because my plant is fairly young? Or should
I be giving it more light? Thanks...

Bill