mainstream media = cp misinformation?

From: J. Chris Coppick (jchris@znet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 19:39:48 PDT

Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:39:48 -0700
From: "J. Chris Coppick" <jchris@znet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: mainstream media = cp misinformation?

Just saw a very strange story on a bay-area (US) news
broadcast (channel 11). They did a short report on
the carnivorous plant that is so rare that in Italy "they"
are trying to feed it chicken. The plant was N. Bicalcarata...
though they never identified it as such. Also, they didn't
explain why the plant being rare necessitated changing it's diet.
They did report that "the plant is so rare that one specimen can
cost up to 200 dollars". I didn't pay that much for mine. :-) And
there certainly is no shortage of food for mine. I wonder if ants
taste like chicken?...

        Chris