I've been moved / Drosera regia

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 01:08:19 PDT

Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:08:19 +0100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: I've been moved / Drosera regia

My work e-mail address got changed at the weekend to
nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com. E-mails to the old address will be
re-routed for a short time.

My Drosera regia put out an aerial root, which eventually reached the
surface of the compost and buried downwards. I expected this to
coincide with a growth spurt, but the growing point turned brown and
dry. I repotted the plant yesterday - the root had buried about 4
inches into the compost in a very short time, and it had a healthy
white growing tip. Parts of the old root were rotten. I severed the
stem just below the new root before repotting in fresh compost with
lots of grit to improve drainage. The healthy parts of the old root
system got chopped into segments for root cuttings. Wish me luck!

NigelH