"Albion" bog introductions

From: Davidogray@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 17:21:19 PDT

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:21:19 EDT
From: Davidogray@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: "Albion" bog introductions

Ian Synder writes:
<< Many of you will know of the Albion Bog with all its introduced
<< non-native CP. I feel this area would have been a great place for
<< the other conference attendees to visit if it were more open to the
<< public with more parking and easy access. We need to get rid of
<< the non-natives and leave only D. rotundifolia and Darlingtonia,
<< maybe add some D. anglica. >>

Truly, the only "native" CP there is D. rotundifolia; Darlingtonia does not
occur naturally anywhere close to the site. D anglica would not likely
survive there and it not native to the area either. Please read Barry's
comments on CP introductions at the CP FAQ's at :
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq436.html

Cheers,
David