Re: Chromosome numbers

From: Dave Evans (dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 13:50:03 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:50:03 -0400
From: "Dave Evans" <dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Chromosome numbers

Dear Muad'Dib,

    No, D. rotundifolia * D. linearis is not fertile. Neither are any of
the crosses of these species with D. anglica.

    However, you can make these hybrids and many more with these and other
closely related species, but all the these hybrids are not naturally
fertile.

    Well, D.anglica does make seed. I'm am not sure if has a pollinator or
if they always self-pollinate...

Dave Evans