Re: Nepenthes pitcher plants

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 08:44:00 PDT

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:44:00 PDT
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes pitcher plants

Hi Mathew,

>I would think they'd know, but obviously they don't. I didn't see the
>sundews. Were they under the CPs or where are they? Identification
  They're not on their website, just in the stores.

IS
>the most fun. I guess to them a Nep is a Nep and a Drosera is a
>Drosera. It's very common with non plant people. I would think they'd
>carry D. capensis. It's the most common in vitro.
>
>Muad'Dib = Matthew

   I don't know about capensis being the most common in vitro.
D. adelae seems to be readily available in the stores from various
suppliers which leads me to think that it's quite common in
tissue culture. In fact, I've only seen capensis for sale once
in the local nursery's!

Chris

--
Chris Teichreb