Re: Nepenthes pitcher plants

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 08:46:37 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:46:37 PDT
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes pitcher plants

Hello Maud'Dib,

>Anyway, I tracked the grower down (it was NOT hard) and found that they
>are called Gubler's Orchids (http://www.gublers.com/). They, obviously,
>have a good selection of orchids and a minor selection of CPs. Namely,
>they have a Nepenthes hybrid, a Darlintonia, and a VFT. These look like
>TC specimens. They go for $4 a piece or all three for $10. I think
>it's excellent for beginners, as it's a wide variety of plants and if
>they all die, it's 10 bucks!

   Gubler's also carries the ubiquitous D.adelae and D.spatulata
(they label both rotundifolia). The hybrid Neps they sell are quite
a wide ranging variety. I have two, both of which are very different
in their growth forms. Another grower I know who buys these has
two from Gublers that are also completely different from mine, one
producing pitchers that have heavy influence from bicalcarata.
Definitely fun growing them and eventually finding out what they
are. The only problem is that nobody at Gubler's seems to know
what exactly they're selling, just Nep hybrids!

Happy growing,

Chris

--
Chris Teichreb