S. Flava flower questions

From: Joe Martinez (joe@jmmsoftware.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 15:35:47 PDT

Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:35:47 -0700
From: Joe Martinez <joe@jmmsoftware.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S. Flava flower questions

I purchased a S. Flava from California Carnivores in April. It had one
flower, and no pitchers. They polinated it for me on the spot, but
weren't sure whether or not it would "take". They told me that the
umbrella
style would turn down to allow the seed to drop onto the soil, but I
can't
remember if that was only if the polination was successful.

A couple weeks later, the petals dropped off. No other changes took
place until a couple days ago, when the sepals started to turn brown on
the
edges.

Questions:

1) Does the umbrella style turn down only if successfully polinated?

2) At this point, is there any way to tell if the flower was
successfully polinated?

3) If not, then when will I know, and how?

Anything else to look for?

Thanks,
    Joe