Re: Pollen

From: Dave Evans (dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 18:47:58 PDT

Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:47:58 -0400
From: "Dave Evans" <dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pollen

Christoph,

    Do you think there's any chance for you dry out and freeze the pollen?
I'm trying to gather pollen to use to make various species and hybrids.
Someone on the listserver mentioned that they were able to use pollen two
years old from the freezer to make seed. I've just started freezing my own
pollen and will be offering the pollen that I have from time to time over
the listserver. I would really appreciate it if you would send me (if you
don't mind) your truncata pollen. That is, if you don't want to keep
yourself or are sending it to someone else.

    I'll be going to CA for the ICPS con and I probably won't be able to
answer any e-mail until about the 20th.
If you want to send me pollen, but don't want to bother with saving it while
I'm gone, you can send it to:

David Evans
17 North 12th Street
Kenilworth NJ 07033

Someone there will be able to take care of it, I'll leave instructions.

Thank-you,
Dave Evans