S. oreophila meeting update

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 17:02:21 PDT

Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S. oreophila meeting update

Hey folks,

I'm glad to say that as long as people continue to make donations for this
S. oreophila meeting (see www.carnivorousplants.org for more details), the
meeting will occur. Indeed, this may set a precedent for similar meetings
on rare subspecies of S. rubra, etc. I am very impressed by the response
of the people on this listserve and in the ICPS. Conservation awareness
has clearly come a long way since earlier days of field trips & plunder.

Anyway, I have been speaking with the folks who are organizing the
logistical aspects of the meeting in Alabama, and have solid information
on how to make donations. This will be my final solicitation for donations
on this listserve, and I apologize in advance if you don't care to read
"plea-mail" (heh heh heh)

If it is important for you that your donation is tax deductible, write
your check out to "The Nature Conservancy". Send it to my ICPS address
(below), and I will collect the checks and send them to the Alabama
office. There they will make sure that the funds go to this meeting and
S. oreophila conservation.

ICPS
P.O. Box 72741
Davis, CA 95617 USA

If it is not important that your donation is tax deductible, you can write
your check out to "ICPS". If you do this, your check will be cashed more
quickly. A lump sum check from the ICPS will be sent to the Alabama office
of The Nature Conservancy.

It would helpful for me if you included a copy of the donation form from
the ICPS web site. Check the appropriate box to mark how you want your
donation distributed. This way, I can be sure of what to do with your
contribution if we raise more money than we need. Copies of the form are
available at the bottom of the ICPS Conservation/S. oreophila page:
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/conservation/oreoproject.html

Thanks!

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice