Various + More Pygmy Photos (new URL)

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneym@uk.oracle.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 06:54:09 PDT

Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 14:54:09 +0100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nhurneym@uk.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Various + More Pygmy Photos (new URL)

Having been off work and deprived of the internet for a week, can
anyone tell me how the UK CPS got on at Chelsea?

On the occasions when the rain stopped long enough for me to get out in
the garden to tackle the waist-high grass etc I found some interesting
arachnids, one of which I photographed. Are there any arachnophiles
in this discussion group who'd like to try and id it?

Many thanks to Kris Kopicki who pointed out that the flower labelled
mannii on my pygmies site was in fact helodes. Yet again I couldn't
get access to fortunecity.co.uk to update the site so I've given up
and my no 3 site is now at
http://members.fortunecity.com/h7n
The old site is probably still there - if I can ever get to it again
I'll change the home page to point to the new site. The rain which
ruined my gardening gave me plenty of time for photographing, and
amongst others the new site has nitidula x pulchella hybrids, nitidula
x occidentalis hybrids (but I couldn't get a 5-petalled Lake Badgerup),
nitidula x pygmaea hybrids, the real mannii, and for those whose
favourite colour is orange, the large-flowered form of echinoblastus
and an orange pulchella.

NigelH