RE: What's this Sundew?

From: Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes (fe_riva@uol.com.br)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 18:46:42 PDT

Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 22:46:42 -0300
From: "Fernando Rivadavia-Lopes" <fe_riva@uol.com.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: What's this Sundew?

Hey Dave,

>Could someone please tell me what species of Drosera are shown in these
photos?

>http://www.mcef.ep.usp.br/carnivoras/Photos/Genera/Drosera/vermelha_achatad
a_Chapada_Guimaraes.jpg

            This is just one of many oddballs I've come across in the field.
I call it D.sp."flat-red communis". It's got flat red rosettes (obviously),
with usually larger and more numerous leaves per rosette than regular
D.communis, as well as longer scapes too. It almost always grows alongside
regular D.communis, but unfortunately I don't have any good pics of both
together. A very nice plant actually...

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil

P.S. We will hopefully soon have an English version of our web page on
the air....