Aphid problem. Need advice!

From: Steve Clancy (sclancy@sun1.lib.uci.edu)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 12:05:00 PDT

Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 12:05:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steve Clancy <sclancy@sun1.lib.uci.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Aphid problem. Need advice!

Greetings.

I have been fighting these tiny insects for onver a year now. I'm not
sure that they are aphids. They are much smaller than the aphids I see in
the gardern. They are barely visible as small, whitish dots, maybee the
size of a pencil point. I'm fairly certain that they are some sort of
sucking insect, but not whitefly or mealy bug. They tend to cluster on
flower stalks and leaf petioles of my sundews. They seem to leave the
rest of my CP alone.

A soap solution seems to kill them, but it can also kill the sundews if
I'm not careful.

Can anyone suggest a systemic insecticide that I could use safely?

Thanks in advance!

--steve

         Steve Clancy MLS, AHIP, Health Sciences Librarian
         Research & Instructional Services, Science Library
                 University of California, Irvine
          P.O. Box 19556, Irvine, CA 92623-9556 U.S.A.
   949-824-7309 * http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~sclancy * sclancy@uci.edu
                  http://brainlock.homestead.com
   "Hi. I'm currently out of my mind. Please leave a message at the
    beep, and I'll return your message when I'm sane again."