thanks to all

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 08:14:10 PDT

Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:14:10 EDT
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: thanks to all

>All this discussion about laterite has been interesting. I am wondering if
>anyone has tried this with some of the petiolaris droseras. In Allen
>Lowrei's volume 3 he has photos of Drosera falconeri and Drosera
>dilatato-petiolaris growing in the wild in a laterite and sand substrate. I
>would also like some feedback about mixes and dormancy for different
>petiolaris complex droseras that folks are using. I am getting these plants
>soon and need some tips . Thanks. -Doug Barrett

  Joe from Nebraska. Thanks to everyone on the input for N. merrilliana.
it's amazing the variety of growing conditions people use successfully.
Mediums included anything from straight peat ,a standard mix and a
peat/scoria/pumice mix.
  I did find laterite at Petsmart for an arm and a leg. Interesting timing
on the above comment, because with the same plant order that I received the
Nepenthes in, I had ordered two D. falconeri and two D. dilato-petilaris. I
potted one of each in a peat/sand/laterite mix since I had the stuff anyway,
because I read the same thing. It will be interesting to see the comparison.
 I have no prior experience myself with petios so if anyone wants to chime in
with their experience, it would be welcome with me also. All I know for sure
is "keep them warm."

  Regards,

  Joe Griffin
  Lincoln, Nebraska