Re: S. oreophila update and clarification

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneym@uk.oracle.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 09:50:05 PDT

Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 17:50:05 +0100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nhurneym@uk.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: S. oreophila update and clarification

This project deserves all the support it can get, and I regret publicly
airing my negative vibes. I hope I haven't deterred anyone from
contributing.

By the way, remembering Alastair Culham's attempt to catalogue UK
holders of locality Sarracenia material, has anyone thought of compiling
such a register in the US? In a way, this would be far closer to the
original intention of CITES (as a monitoring organisation) than the
current regime, and might identify areas to address for ex-situ
conservation.

NigelH